is a biodegradable erosion control blanket that
stabilises disturbed soil until vegetative cover is achieved.
consists of poplar woodwool contained within an
external polypropylene mesh. It degrades with exposure to
ultraviolet light and climatic conditions, with typical installations
lasting between 12-36 months.
protects the topsoil and seed from:
• surface erosion from rainfall impact
• moisture loss through evaporation
• temperature extremes
works by protecting the soil from raindrop impact and
reducing overland flow velocity
Where is Enviromat Used?
Enviromat® is typically used in or around:
• areas with heavy initial rainfall
• Low-velocity drainage channels
• areas subject to snow cover
Enviromat® is installed following surface
preparation and seeding